Ezra Weston Loomis Pound (30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)became known for his role in developing Imagism, which, in reaction to the Victorian and Georgian poets, favored tight language, unadorned imagery, and a strong correspondence between the verbal and musical qualities of the verse and the mood it expressed.After teaching Romance Languages at Wabash College in Indiana for two years, he resigned and travelled to Spain, Italy and England. He became interested in the poetry of the Chinese and Japanese.He founded the Imagist movement in poetry, which encouraged experimenting with different verse forms, and opposed representational art in favor of abstract forms.

Friday, December 2, 2011

# 16 Those painful splits):



Imagine my dismay when I found out I had to do the splits for my final in dance class. At the beginning I couldn’t do anything and I mean anything. I always found my self thinking how did I get in? So I was pretty much the only one in the class that couldnt do at least a split on one side. I went to work. I stretched for a week and at the end of the week when I thought I was ready(I really wasn’t) I thought I would show off. Right when I got all the way down all I hear is a big POP and searing pain throughout my thigh. But, after being utterly afraid of doing it again started stretching more and carefully and very slowly learned to do the splits without hurting myself.(:

No comments:

Post a Comment